Akasia was founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs who have deep experience in the enterprise and cloud space with experience from VMware, Sun Microsystems, CommVault and Unisys. Akasia is based out of Santa Clara, CA, and is funded by TiE LaunchPad.
In a market where every enterprise is planning for the public cloud Akasia is quickly becoming the most popular cloud planning solution because of its unique ability to discover infrastructure and utilization and provide equivalent and right-sized cloud resources in minutes. Akasia highlights hidden costs as well as savings in the cloud – allowing enterprises to make migration decisions based on factual cost data.
Akasia helps enterprises transition to the Cloud. We provide solutions and services for cloud planning and migration. As enterprises consider transitioning to the cloud 3 fundamental questions need to be answered before they make the purchase decision:
- What cloud resources are needed to replace my current on-premise infrastructure?
- What are the savings options available to me in the cloud and what are my cloud costs for each option?
- Should I lift & shift my on-premise infrastructure to the cloud or should I re-factor to cloud native resources?
With Akasia you can rapidly (in minutes to a few hours) generate the bill of materials and projected costs in AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and VMware Cloud on AWS should the customer decide to transition / migrate current on-prem infrastructure to the Cloud. Our lightweight agent-less discovery tool collects on-prem infrastructure and utilization data, and uploads it to our SaaS modelling platform which in turn maps the on-prem data to equivalent as well as right-sized resources in the cloud and presents the Cloud Bill of Materials (BoM) and costs.
Additionally, if you wish to build a brand new environment in the cloud you can model cloud native or hybrid solutions and to generate cloud BoM and costs.
Once the workload is running in the cloud you can use Akasia’s cloud optimization tool to keep a check on runaway cloud costs.
BENEFITS FOR END-CUSTOMERS:
- Simplified, accurate cloud transition planning – clarity on what is needed and how much it would cost based on up to date pricing and detailed analytics
- Compare current on-premise cost vs costs in five different clouds in minutes
- Fast decision making – avoid weeks of spreadsheet work that still does not generate accurate cloud cost estimates
BENEFITS FOR CLOUD OPERATORS, SYSTEM INTEGRATORS AND CONSULTING COMPANIES:
- Rapid and granular RFP generation, with clear-picture-of-costs in early phase of project as a differentiator. Most RFPs are structured to have 3-12 weeks of discovery and analysis before presenting projected Cloud costs. With Akasia you can show a reduced discovery and analysis cycle giving you a competitive edge
- Reduce sales cycle from months to a few weeks
- Reduce manual and potentially error-prone spreadsheet work for planning
- Gain deep insights and into the customer(s) infrastructure and business potential across customers, Account Managers etc.