How Early Cost Modeling Saves 30-60% Cloud Costs During Cloud Migration and DR
When: Thu, Oct 15, 2015 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT
While more and more IT shops are migrating or protecting on-premise workloads in the cloud, the nuances of cloud costs are not well understood. This leads to sticker shock prior to migration/DR or worse, unexpected bills after the migration/DR has been done.
The reason for these cost issues is “hidden” cost items that come into play when workloads are migrated to the cloud.
In this webinar we uncover these hidden cost items and showcase some best practices that leading SIs such as Wipro employ to help their clients get a realistic assessment of cloud costs prior to migration and DR and save 30-60% cloud costs by preemptive cost modeling.
Some examples of cost items that are charged in the cloud are
– Data download from AWS
– IOPS in SoftLayer, Azure and AWS
– Network bandwidth in SoftLayer, Azure and AWS
– Garima Thockchom, Founder, Akasia,
– Jaikant S Rao, Practice Director, Global Infrastructure Services, Datacenter Practice, Wipro
– Discussion on “Hidden” cost items
– Demonstration and questions.